Hartwell Main Street is Vying for $25K Cash Prize in National Contest Recognizing America’s Main Streets
Vote now to advance MAIN STREET NAME to the next round
Hartwell, Georgia. – On February 25, Independent We Stand, a national small business movement, kicked-off its fourth annual America’s Main Streets contest to help consumers, small business owners and Main Street organizations reward a deserving Main Street with $25,000 in cash and sponsor-related prizes.Hartwell Main Streetin Hartwell, Georgia is among this year’s nominees.
“Our Independent We Stand America’s Main Streets contest shines a light on the pride business owners and communities take in their Main Streets,” says Independent We Stand co-founder Bill Brunelle. “We know small businesses on these Main Streets help them thrive and have a measurable economic impact. This contest is a chance to share those stories with people from coast-to-coast.”
Hartwell Main Street has worked to promote the historic culture of our community and help to develop economic opportunities for years now. If we win the cash prize, Hartwell Main Street will finish Constitution Alley and address other opportunities that are needed.
Our community has an incredible spirit of volunteerism. Everyone works hand in hand to make this a great place to live, work, and play. This prize will certainly help us Live well, Play well, Hartwell!
The first round of voting in the contest began as soon as Hartwell Main Street was nominated and runs through April 21. All nominations and voting take place on MainStreetContest.com.
- February 25 to April 21: “America’s Main Streets” nominations and quarterfinalist voting
- March 4-8: “Great American Red, White & Q” road trip
- April 29 to May 26: “America’s Main Streets” semifinalist voting
- June 3: “America’s Main Streets” winner announced
- July 4: “Main Streets Make Us Better” event; “America’s Main Streets” winner announces plans for $25,000 grand prize
Additional contest prizes include:
- STIHL Equipment Certificate for $1,000 worth of STIHL equipment good at any STIHL dealer in the U.S.
- Do it Best Corp. $500 shopping spree
- Free One Day Downtown Assessment from Flip This Town
- Nationwide Marketing Group $500 shopping spree
- PPG Paints $500 shopping spree
- Public relations and social media recognition
- A special plaque for the winner to proudly display
For more information on Hartwell Main Street, visit: hartwellmainstreet.com or contact Jason Ford at 706-376-0188.
STIHL Inc., America’s number-one selling brand of gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment, is the founding sponsor of Independent We Stand and the presenting sponsor of America’s Main Streets contest. The company follows a unique distribution strategy in the handheld outdoor power equipment industry, choosing never to sell products at big box stores, but instead remaining loyal to its 9,000+ authorized local STIHL dealers nationwide.
- Do it Best Corp.
- Flip This Town
- Nationwide Marketing Group
- North American Retail Hardware Association
- PPG Paints
About Independent We Stand
Independent We Stand is a nationwide movement of independent small business owners whose mission is to inspire other small business owners to better understand and celebrate their locally-owned status while educating consumers about the importance and strong economic benefits of supporting them. The Independent We Stand movement is sponsored by STIHL Inc. STIHL products are sold through more than 9,000 authorized local STIHL dealers from coast to coast – not big box stores. Associate sponsors include Nationwide Marketing Group, PPG and Do it Best Corp.